The effectiveness of collagen for pets has been demonstrated in numerous studies. Our collagen peptides are safe, bioactive peptides optimized to be easily digested, highly bioavailable and effective.
Effective for Bone and Joint Health
Numerous recent studies prove the effectiveness of collagen peptides. One study that focused on Canine Osteoarthritis determined that gelatin significantly improved activity (vitality) and significantly reduced stiffness and lameness. The researchers concluded that a dose of gelatin mixed in with food would be beneficial for dogs with osteoarthritis.1
Wags is all about happy, healthy pets — and finding natural solutions to support their wellbeing is what makes us tick. We are (more than) a little obsessed with our pets! Wags is owned by pet-lovers who believe in quality ingredients. Our pets deserve the best, that's why we make it our mission to provide the nutrition they need with no fillers, GMOs, gluten or dairy.
In a recent study conducted by the University of Rochester, mice were given a low dose of collagen or an empty control. The mice who received collagen had significantly lower levels of a certain protein signaling inflammation in the synovial membrane both at early and mid stages.
This demonstrates that collagen peptides may reduce joint inflammation and support cartilage regeneration in mice with bone and joint issues. According the the study author, Michael Zuscik, PhD, "The results are extremely promising and can open up new doors to potential benefits that collagen peptides can bring to joint health."2
Taste they love
Totally Wags Collagen for Cats and Dogs can get even the pickiest of eaters excited for meal time. Our blend of marine collagen peptides and pasture-raised beef gelatin are both flavorful and nutritious.
- High Protein and low calorie with 18 amino acids.
- Supports digestion, helps maintain healthy skin and coat, promotes strong joints and bones.
- It's easy to use — just sprinkle on wet or dry food and stir. Your pet will love the great taste
- Totally Wags Collagen for Cats and Dogs are both all-natural, non-GMO, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and soy free.
Check them out
1. Beynen, A.C., et al. “Oral Administration of Gelatin Hydrolysate Reduces Clinical Signs of Canine Osteoarthritis in a Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.” American Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, 2010, pp. 102–106., doi:10.3844/ajavsp.2010.102.106.
2. Dar Q.-A et al., “Oral hydrolyzed type 1 collagen induces chondroregenaration and inhibits synovial inflammation in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 24, suppl. 1 (April 2016): S532–S533
Founder and CEO of Wags.